GUESS what?! Life is Full of Little Surprises!
"Hello, is this Kristine?" a perky-sounding lady asked on the other line.
"I am calling from Guess Eaton to tell you about your 75 CAD rewards that you need to redeem by Saturday."
"Oh, great! I'll check it out then. Thank you!"
So apparently, i got 75 CAD rewards that I need to redeem by end of this month. I entered into a deal with a colleague of mine to have NO SHOPPING from Jan 15 - Feb 15. And with this news, I was a bit skeptic. 'Geez, sounds so enticing.' I went to check and confirm, I did earn 75 bucks to spend. So I searched for an item that I would not have to spend a single cent on. And there's this jacket. I saw a couple of women looking at it. I got and tried it on. Voila! It fit me perfectly, warm enough but definitely not for the Canadian winter though. The tag price showed 149.99 at 50% off. Did the math so it's perfectly 75 bucks BUT i thought I had to pay the tax. So I had it checked at the counter and the lady said, "Awesome! Here goes your free jacket!" Really?! Just like that! Haha. Boy, am I surprised!
Last night, I had the usual conversation with my Big Guy up there. I confronted Him about a vow that I am fervently praying for. And with my small human mind, I asked Him if there is really someone out there who will respect and value the same vow I intend to uphold. I understood His reply through this metaphor. Clearly, His message is a resounding Yes! You see I had been eyeing for this kind of jacket for months but every time I am tempted to get it I realize I just could not and would not want to spend for it . Then came today, with some touch of Heaven's Grace, it was given to me for Free as in I spent Nothing, Nada and it's more than what I was hoping for - it is also fashionable! Woot! And even though really, I had spent lavishly before hence I got this bonus (my mom did most of the Christmas shopping by the way!), still I take this as a reward for choosing to be frugal now! (yeah, maybe you'd think I am such a downright shallow person, huh?) So I know that like this Jacket, that "thing" that I am praying for will just come as a surprise and a blessing in the midst of my abstinence and that I just have to hold onto His promises. So I pray for His continued Grace as I wait on to be surprised.

Comments
Post a Comment