Having had my last vacay in March this year, I recently felt I needed to break away from my usual busy life.
Thankfully my friend, Chen tagged me along to go with her to Montreal for a short trip over the long weekend.
I thought it was my much-needed respite from the hustle and bustle of daily toil. But I was not expecting that Montreal could really be that charming on my 4th time visiting the city. This trip actually gave me a sneak peek of my upcoming travel to France in November. At least, I already got a feel of what it is like to be there.
Here are the snapshots of my recent escapade.
Sightseeing
 |
| Went to walk around the Dorchester Square. Had some quiet time just sitting there watching the beautiful people of Montreal! It was entertaining and relaxing! :D |
 |
| Montreal Museum of Fine Arts |
 |
| They have such lovely alleys everywhere. |
 |
Strolled further downtown and I had to stop by for this pose. Ha.
|
 |
| Old Port |
 |
| Get a breath-taking view of the city at night from the Lookout at Mount Royal |
Food Tripping (Pastries, Poutine & Smoked Meat should never be off your list!)
 |
| Be sure to stop by and try their delish desserts!!! |
 |
| Try their Fondant Cake - Choco Lava cake with dark chocolate filling inside and vanilla ice cream on the side. |
 |
| Try their chocolate and almond croissants. Actually, try EVERYTHING! Ha! |
 |
| Their Breakfast meals are superb!!! This was at Ben and Florentine |
 |
| So Quiche (Kiss) me... Haha! |
 |
I loved the feel of this restaurant. It's a 5-minute walk from St. Joseph Oratory
 |
| You cannot afford to miss this most popular Poutine. We had to queue up for 30 minutes at 12:30 am for this at La Banquise. Just Crazy!!! |
|
 |
| Finally, this was what I went there for seriously - the Montreal's Smoked Meat - so tender, so good! |
Church Visitation
 |
Mary Queen of the World is a Holy Door as well
|
 |
The biggest church I have ever been to - St. Joseph's Oratory has 1,000 seating capacity
 |
| This is the exact place where I experienced my first snow some 4 years ago. |
|
 |
| Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal |
 |
| St. Patrick Cathedral - one of the beautiful churches I have ever seen |
I would like to thank these 3 angels who made my short break fun and wonderful! Thank you for your generosity!
 |
| #HUGOTpaMORE |
With this trip, I realized that I enjoy my own company a lot. I do not mind strolling around unfamiliar places, feasting over a decent meal by myself or just getting lost somewhere. I would like to think I am a happy loner sometimes. And I need to travel alone to get in touch with my soul.
Dear Montreal, we will definitely have another rendezvous soon as you have captivated my heart. I would love to see you again! Je t'aime! Merci Beaucoup! <3
Comments
Post a Comment